Hi!! Welcome to my very first blog post. I’m so excited to be sharing my beauty knowledge with all of you…
After having worked in the beauty biz for many years – public relations, sales, and makeup artistry – I have definitely learned how to be discriminating when it comes to the products I use. I love trying out the latest and greatest in skin care. Here are a few of my current faves:
Click on the product picture for purchase information (only works on your desktop, not phone or tablet)!
- Bioderma Hydrabio H20– This micellar water cleanser is AWESOME! I recently discovered it when I was scrolling through Insta and one of my favorite actresses, Drew Barrymore, said she swore by it. Sometimes the idea of washing my face at night seems like such a chore. This stuff totally solves that problem! It’s hydrating, smells great, and all you have to do is pour some on a cotton pad and cleanse. It doesn’t completely remove waterproof mascara, however. I find that I am wiping several times over my lashes/lids and all that tugging can’t be good for my delicate eye area! You might want to use a separate eye makeup remover if you wear waterproof products or lots of shadow.
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub – In one word – sensational. A friend of mine told me about this brand a couple of years ago and I found their products at Target. It’s green and super grainy, so a teensy bit mixed with water goes a loooonnng way. Once you scrub your face (gently! don’t rub!), then rinse, your skin will feel all smooth and look amazingly glowing and fresh. Any products you apply after this will go on so easily. I keep mine in the shower and use it a couple of times per week.
- OZ Naturals Vitamin C Serum – Add this to your online shopping cart immediately. If Vitamin C serums are not part of your daily skin care regimen, they definitely should be. Think of serums as the delivery system for your moisturizer. All those fantastic ingredients in both your serum AND your moisturizer will better penetrate your skin when you use a serum. Vitamin C is known to help diminish sunspots and create generally brighter and glowier (not really a word, but who cares?) skin. This serum contains 20% Vitamin C, so it’s super potent. I layer mine beneath my daytime moisturizer or oil.
- OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum – Hyaluronic Acid is such an important ingredient for hydration and diminishing fine lines and wrinkles. This serum feels smooth and silky on the skin and little goes a long way! The price can’t be beat either. Layer this beneath a nighttime moisturizer. It’s really effective when worn under a retinol cream. Your skin will thank you!
- Herbivore Botanicals All Natural Orchid Face Oil – I received this as one of my bridesmaid gifts when I was in a wedding last year. This oil smells heavenly and makes you feel like you are walking through a beautiful garden. The texture is divine too – not too light and not too heavy. I love this layered over serums and it also works really well under any foundation. Wear it day or night!
- La Roche-Posay Tinted Mineral Ultra-light Sunscreen Fluid (SPF 50) – I have tried many facial sunscreens over the years and I always come back to this one. It’s a sheer, tinted fluid. This means it glides onto the skin, but still offers some color for evening up your skin tone. I wear it alone when I don’t feel like wearing foundation. On days that I want a bit more, it layers perfectly under makeup (no rolling or weird “peeling”). Sunscreen is the most important skin care item that you wear every. single. day. The sun is so damaging to skin and not only does it cause premature aging, but it can also lead to more serious skin conditions or even cancer. PLEASE make sure that you protect your skin – even on cloudy days!
- Herbivore Botanicals All Natural Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist – This mist is perfect as a refresher throughout the day, before bedtime, or even on the plane (it’s the perfect travel size). It has a beautiful, light scent that makes you feel fresh and renewed.
Please leave me a comment if liked this post or if you need more information about any of the above products. I’m happy to help!